Thesis, Project, and Dissertation Binding
The university no longer requires students to provide bound copies of their thesis, project or dissertation. However, if you would like to have a copy bound you may make your own arrangements through a binding company, or you may place an order through Graduate Studies.
Below are three companies the university has used in the past with good results; however, you may use any bindery you wish. Some companies require that a paper copy be sent to them for binding, while others will print the manuscript for you from a pdf file.
- Kater-Crafts Book Binders
4860 Gregg Road, Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Phone: (562) 692-0665
- Thesis on Demand (Place orders online)
1010 North Sycamore Street
North Manchester, IN 46962
Phone: (800) 334-3628
- Golden Rule Bindery
242 Bingham Drive, Suite 101
San Marcos, CA 92069
Phone: (760) 471-4331
Graduate Studies Binding Process
During finals week and the first two weeks of each quarter, Graduate Studies will accept orders for bound copies from recent graduates.The cost is $32 per copy.
Copies will be bound by HF Group and will follow university specifications:
- Hard cover is Buckram Royal Blue (#588)
- Spine title in gold, all capital letters: Includes shortened title of manuscript, author's last name, year of graduation, and university (CSUSB). There is no printing on the cover.
Graduates must provide the printed copies to be bound. Graduate Studies does not provide printing services. Copies must comply to the following specifications:
- Pages are printed single-sided
- Inside (left) margin is 1.5 inches
- White paper
- Print and complete the binding order form.
- Print the copies you wish to have bound.
- Bring the copies and form to the Office of Graduate Studies, CH-123. Graduate Studies will varify your degree completion and authorize payment on the form.
- Take the binding form to the Bursar’s Office and pay for binding.
- Return the form and receipt to Graduate Studies.
Copies are shipped to HF Group for binding; the process takes about 6-8 weeks. You will be emailed when your bound copies are ready to be picked up.