Office of Graduate Studies
Office of Graduate Studies and Office of Student Research Offers Extended Hours
To accommodate our busy students, we will be open until 6:00 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during the first two weeks of the winter 2017 quarter. We are here to assist with graduate student forms and policies, grants and fellowships, thesis and project formatting, and research opportunities.
We are located in Chaparral Hall room 123. Phone: (909) 537-5058.
- 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Tuesday, January 10th, Wednesday, January 11th and Thursday, January 12th
- 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Tuesday, January 17th, Wednesday, January 18th, Thursday, January 19th
Throughout the rest of the week we will follow our regularly scheduled hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The office is closed Saturday and Sunday.
OSR Announces Its Winter Workshop Schedule
The Office of Student Research (OSR) offers a number of workshops for both new graduate students and undergraduates interested in pursuing a master's degree. Please see the OSR workshop schedule for more information.
Thesis, Project, and Dissertation Workshops Coming Up
Thesis, project, and dissertation winter workshops are just around the quarter! Presented by the Office of Graduate Studies, these workshops will familiarize you with the thesis review process and the Turnitin plagiarism prevention program.
All graduate students are welcome to attend.
Avoiding Plagiarism Workshop:
- Tuesday, January 24th, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Pine Room (lower Commons)
- Wednesday, January 25th, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Panorama Room, (lower Commons)
Submission and Review Process Workshop (also available online)
- Tuesday, January 31st, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Panorama Room, (lower Commons)
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Panorama Room, (lower Commons)
There is no need to register. We hope to see you there!
New Library Workshops for Graduate Students
The Pfau Library is offering a number of workshops of interest to graduate students. Brush up on your research skills, learn a new citation management system, or find out how to publish your scholarly article!
Winter Quarter Workshops:
Critical Information Literacy for Graduate Teaching Assistants
- January 12th, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Grad Studies Basic Research
- January 25th, 5:00 pm - 5:50 pm
Grad Studies Advanced Research
- February 7th, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Zotero for Everyone!
- February 16th, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Publishing a Scholarly Article
- March 13th, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Please contact the Library at (909) 537-5091 for workshop locations and registration.